Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More thinging with Doodles and Foxes

Doodle

I had never used Doodle before today and indeed had little need or recourse to do so. The format is very simple and accessible. It did seem to become messy with all the incoming emails that one gets. There are the emails with links and emails you get each time a participant gives feedback. And it is not terribly convenient writing a separate email to invite the participants and copying over the link. However, once all the feedback is given it is clear what is happening. I have seen the Outlook form of Scheduling and have used it and that appears to be more effective from a work perspective simply because it ties in with the work email.

Firefox

I can barely even remember a world without Firefox. Back when it was first introduced I remember being very much in the mindset of 'No! I like my IE format and browsing, keep away ye heathen foxes'. But since I converted to Firefoxism I have never looked back. The only reason I ever open IE is to look at the slight differences of appearance that occur in the Millennium OPAC. I never use anything at home apart from Firefox. (I haven't been quite convinced of the power of Chromism and only occasionally use it. (I must confess my dislike of the Google giant, even while having a Gmail account, using blogger, using Google Books, iGoogle and ... well nearly everything-Google).

I love the add-ons which are always growing. I do think the background themes are a bit naff and indeed I find them most distracting.

Still a most useful session of Thinging. I look forward to the next round of Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment