Monday, March 14, 2011

The last thinging in thing land

Which thing/s I found most useful.
The things I found most useful were Twitter, SlideShare, Diigo and Zotero. I enjoy blogging but I was already familiar with the form. I don't wish to touch Facebook or wiki-whateverer, even with a 20 foot barge pole ever again, but it was useful knowing what they are all about and why they exist.

Which thing/s I most enjoyed doing.

Pretty much the things I found most useful. I might say that I am impressed with Zotero and Endnote web. If only I had known of them as a student!

Which thing/s I have persisted with.

Yep, same things as noted above.

Whether I think web 2.0 in general has a role in the future of libraries.

I certainly think it does. Facebook, however much I hate it with a passion, will always be a fantastic way to give access to our patrons (who all use the blessed thing). Twitter have found annoying with the library updates coming through, so I ...shock, horror, 'unfollowed' it, but perhaps others are more forgiving of it than me. Obviously, the more academically focused tools will be useful to our patrons and to the library staff. Overall, I think the potential that is there and is yet to be tapped is very exciting.

Thus, I sign off very much satisfied with the Warwick 23 things program.

No comments:

Post a Comment